SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Hamilton-Oshawa Port Authority is seeking team oriented seasonal employees to assist the Harbour West Marina with the recreational boat haul-out activities.
Reporting to the Director of Maintenance & Fleet, the position will commence in September 2022 and run for approximately 6-8 weeks. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday 8am – 4pm with potential for overtime.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting with the haul-out of recreational boats
- Blocking boats requiring manual lifting of heavy blocks
- Maintain an organized, clean yard
- Pressure washing and general maintenance
- Operate machinery efficiently, effectively and safely
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel Lift (up to 80 tonnes) Operation Experience an asset
- Heavy Equipment Operation Experience an asset
- Fork Lift Experience an asset
Outdoors (working inclement weather); physically demanding, combination of standing, walking, bending, crouching & kneeling; working near/around water; must be able to lift weights up to 22.5 kg (50 lbs).
Candidates must possess good communication skills, work well in a team environment, have positive work attitude, be willing to participate in a wide variety of tasks throughout the marina and hold a valid driver’s license. Marina experience and a knowledge of recreational boats considered an asset.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to email@example.com.
“We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”