HOPA Ports is looking for a resourceful and solution-oriented Operations Assistant to support the day-to-day activity of the Port of Oshawa.
Why Join HOPA?
Recognized as one of Hamilton-Niagara’s Top Employers for 2022, HOPA is proud to offer the following benefits to all permanent employees:
- Competitive base salary, including an annual bonus program
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Defined contribution pension plan
About the Role:
You’re excited to learn new things. You have a knack for handywork and enjoy “rolling up your sleeves” to complete the task at hand. You are dependable, organized and possess great problem-solving skills.
Reporting to the Manager, Oshawa, this on-site role will require both indoor and outdoor work, including:
- Perform minor maintenance duties around the Port of Oshawa; assist in acquiring contractor quotes
- Perform safety and maintenance checks around the Port of Oshawa
- Complete various administrative tasks such as greeting site visitors, answering the phone, processing applications for Port Security Access Cards
- Arrange company events held in Oshawa; prepare for meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Special Skills:
- Technical / Community College
- Valid class “G” driver’s license; access to a vehicle for business use at all times
- Must be comfortable driving a company truck
- Must be comfortable using MS Word, MS office, Outlook
- Experience using property management software an asset
Starting salary of $47,000-$52,000; commensurate with experience.
Please note, HOPA requires all employees to be fully immunized from COVID-19.
Who we are:
HOPA is a small but mighty team of approximately 65 staff. We are comprised of experts in disciplines ranging from Engineering to Communications, and virtually everything in between. Together we manage Ontario’s largest and most successful port network, and we strive to do our job in a way that protects the environment and enhances our community.
We are responsible stewards of the port lands and their robust marine, road and rail networks. We create prosperity by facilitating commerce and providing sustainable solutions that offer value to our port customers and benefit to our communities.
Create and lead an integrated port network on the Great Lakes.
- Respect and inclusivity
- Innovation and productivity
- A safe, empowered and positive team
- Collaboration to create long-term value
- Accountability for our decisions and our actions
- Continuous improvement and learning
Everyone is welcome
As part of our commitment to inclusivity, diversity, equity and accessibility, our goal is a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities, those who identify as Black, Indigenous or persons of colour, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community and others. We are happy to honour accommodations at any part of the recruitment process and invite you to let us know how we can help.
To apply for this role, email email@example.com with your resume by November 15th 2022.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.