[:en]June 18, 2020
Oshawa, ON – A new vision for the future of the Port of Oshawa is in the works, and HOPA Ports (Hamilton Oshawa Port Authority) wants to hear from you as it is being developed.
Over the next few months, there will be opportunities for port neighbours and other stakeholders to learn more about the Port of Oshawa, and share views on its future.
In developing a future vision for the port, HOPA will consider:
- The port’s role as an economic driver in the City of Oshawa and GTHA region
- The current and future infrastructure needs of the port
- The market demands for multimodal transportation services in the GTHA
- The environmental and social aspects of the port lands and waterfront
- Community and stakeholder ideas for the future of the port and waterfront
“Oshawa’s port is a vital component of Canada’s national transportation system. As the Greater Toronto Area grows, the Port of Oshawa will be ever more important in moving the goods the region needs to thrive,” said Larissa Fenn, Director of Public Affairs, HOPA Ports. “A new land use plan will help ensure the port is positioned to make a positive contribution to community prosperity now, and well into the future.”
The Land Use Plan is expected to be complete in autumn 2020.
Some ways you can get involved:
- Visit www.hopaports.ca and join the port’s land use plan mailing list for updates.
- Fill out the first in a series of community surveys and consultations: Community Survey #1
About HOPA Ports
As an integrated port network, the Hamilton Oshawa Port Authority (HOPA Ports) offers innovative port and marine assets on the Great Lakes. We’re developing multimodal spaces to support Ontario’s industries and facilitate trade. By investing in high-quality infrastructure and prioritizing sustainability, we’re building prosperous working waterfronts in Ontario communities.