SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Do you love working by the water? Do you strive for excellence in customer service? Are you a team player, excited to work in a friendly and dynamic environment? If you said yes to these questions, this seasonal position could be for you!
The Hamilton-Oshawa Port Authority’s Harbour West Marina is recruiting for team-oriented seasonal Marina Attendants/Customer Care Ambassadors. The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude and sunny demeanour, and will put in the effort to ensure our customers’ needs are met.
The Marina operates seven days per week, 7am – 8:30pm. Attendants will be expected to work on a rotation shift basis and must be available for all shifts (approximately 30 hours per week).
The Marina Attendant’s primary focus is to provide superior customer service while maintaining marina grounds, facilities and gas dock.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Providing exceptional customer service assisting customers with mooring at slips; fueling and pumping out holding tanks; slip rentals
- Perform regular daily general cleaning and maintenance of Marina facilities including washrooms, fuel dock and BBQ area
- Processing customer payments; balance transactions at end of day and producing daily reports
- Perform daily ‘dock walks’ ensuring docks are in good condition, and proactively keeping a clean and safe marina
- Monitor VHF radio traffic/gas dock phone and respond to calls
- Assist Marina staff with administrative tasks; responding to customer calls/emails
- Enforce Hamilton-Oshawa Port Authority and Harbour West Marina policies in a courteous manner
SKILLS YOU BRING:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 kgs
- Exposure to boating or marinas; possession of a valid Pleasure Craft Operator’s card is considered an asset
- Standard First Aid and CPR training considered an asset
- Outdoors (inclement weather); physical in nature; combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, kneeling; working at water; ability to lift up to 25 kgs.
Don’t ‘miss the boat’ on this exciting opportunity to gain experience in working at a marina, using your customer service skills, and the chance to connect and make new friends!
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”