This key project management role will be responsible for the implementation of capital and major maintenance construction projects at the Port of Oshawa.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the planning, design and construction of infrastructure at the Port of Oshawa
- Assist with budgeting, including the preparation and review of annual Capital and Operating Budgets for the Port of Oshawa
- Prepare cost estimates for construction projects, consultant fees, site inspection, testing and other miscellaneous costs
- Responsible for the procurement and management of contracting and consulting services
- Manage the preparation and review of construction tenders and RFPs; possess a thorough knowledge of the construction and consulting industries, market conditions, material specification and acceptable alternatives
- Ensure site safety and compliance with legislation, issuing site directives as required
- Careful project monitoring, identifying significant cost drivers and unforeseen items in a timely manner; arranging site inspections and material testing; diligently checking work to ensure quality control, and adherence to schedule and budget
Reporting to the Director of Engineering & Construction, this role will be based in Oshawa and will occasionally require travel to Hamilton.
Education and Special Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Bachelor of Applied Science (Engineering) or 3-year technology diploma
- Member of Professional Engineers Ontario, or OACETT
- Relevant ASCE, WEDA, and EPIC training
- Minimum 5 years experience in technical function or project management role
Starting salary of $85,000-95,000; commensurate with experience.
HOPA offers a competitive compensation package, including annual bonus program; defined contribution pension plan and health benefits; education support; employee charitable donation matching and more. HOPA offers a hybrid work model, subject to an onboarding period and requirements of the role.
Please note, HOPA requires all employees to be fully immunized from COVID-19.
Who we are:
Recognized as one of Hamilton-Niagara’s Top Employers for 2022, HOPA is a small but mighty team of approximately 60 staff. We are comprised of experts in disciplines ranging from Engineering to Communications, and virtually everything in between. Together we manage Ontario’s largest and most successful port network, and we strive to do our job in a way that protects the environment and enhances our community.
We are responsible stewards of the port lands and their robust marine, road and rail networks. We create prosperity by facilitating commerce and providing sustainable solutions that offer value to our port customers and benefit to our communities.
Create and lead an integrated port network on the Great Lakes.
- Respect and inclusivity
- Innovation and productivity
- A safe, empowered and positive team
- Collaboration to create long-term value
- Accountability for our decisions and our actions
- Continuous improvement and learning
Everyone is welcome
As part of our commitment to inclusivity, diversity, equity and accessibility, our goal is a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities, those who identify as Black, Indigenous or persons of colour, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community and others. We are happy to honour accommodations at any part of the recruitment process and invite you to let us know how we can help.
To apply for this role, email email@example.com with your resume.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.