HOPA Ports is seeking a Junior System Administrator to provide support and maintenance for our information technology systems. If you are a motivated and enthusiastic individual with a passion for information technology, this role may be for you!
Why Join HOPA Ports?
Recognized as one of Hamilton-Niagara’s Top Employers for 2022 and 2023, HOPA is proud to offer the following benefits to all permanent employees:
- Competitive base salary, including an annual bonus program
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Defined contribution pension plan
What You’ll Do:
The Junior System Administrator will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including:
- Providing end-user support, from initial request to final outcome reporting
- Performing hardware and software support for a variety of devices and operating systems, including liaising with warranty and/or technical support
- Managing network connectivity (wired and wireless)
- Assisting with network support including performing and documenting preventative maintenance duties; manage, configure and program network connectivity equipment
- Coordination of office equipment repair, maintenance and upgrades including liaising with vendors
- Assistance with business continuance, disaster recovery and emergency preparedness plans
Education and Special Skills:
- Technical / Community College – Computing Technology Diploma
- PC repair, network fundamentals including communication protocols and connectivity configuration and troubleshooting
- Windows desktop operating systems including Windows 10 and 11
- Windows server operating systems including Windows Server 2019 and Server 2022
- Standard desktop applications including Microsoft Office 365, web browsers and various desktop utilities and applications
- Local and network peripherals including printers, scanners and other PC peripherals
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Azure
Starting salary of $55,000-62,500; commensurate with experience.
Please note, HOPA requires all employees to be fully immunized from COVID-19.
Who we are:
HOPA is a small but mighty team of approximately 65 staff. We are comprised of experts in disciplines ranging from Engineering to Communications, and virtually everything in between. Together we manage Ontario’s largest and most successful port network, and we strive to do our job in a way that protects the environment and enhances our community.
We are responsible stewards of the port lands and their robust marine, road and rail networks. We create prosperity by facilitating commerce and providing sustainable solutions that offer value to our port customers and benefit to our communities.
Create and lead an integrated port network on the Great Lakes.
- Respect and inclusivity
- Innovation and productivity
- A safe, empowered and positive team
- Collaboration to create long-term value
- Accountability for our decisions and our actions
- Continuous improvement and learning
Everyone is welcome
As part of our commitment to inclusivity, diversity, equity and accessibility, our goal is a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities, those who identify as Black, Indigenous or persons of colour, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community and others. We are happy to honour accommodations at any part of the recruitment process and invite you to let us know how we can help.
To apply for this role, email [email protected] with your resume by April 21, 2023.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.