Reports to the Controller
HOPA Ports is an integrated port network that manages port and marine assets in Hamilton, Niagara and Oshawa and is one of 17 Port Authorities in Canada. Across each location, our 60-person team includes experts in engineering, construction, maintenance, marina operations, finance, real estate, business development and communications. Together we manage Ontario’s largest and most successful port network, and we strive to do our job in a way that protects the environment and enhances our community.
Our Finance department is actively seeking a new team member who is looking for a thriving and rewarding start to a career in Accounting. In this entry level role, you will gain experience in a broad range of responsibilities from data analysis to financial statement preparation and developing and monitoring key performance metrics.
- Facilitate full cycle accounting for wholly owned subsidiary
- Assist in monthly financial statement preparation
- Support month end and year end close procedures
- Monthly reconciliation and analysis, including bank, balance sheet and HST accounts
- Prepare and maintain KPI reports
- Complete daily banking function
- Utility expense management, including coding and recording payables, administering submeter accounts and usage analysis
- Fixed asset recording, reporting and analysis
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency with Excel and MS software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting or related field
- Committed to working towards a CPA designation
- Experience in similar position, or co-op training through an accredited school
HOPA Ports is guided by its mission, vision and values…
Mission – We are responsible stewards of the port lands and their robust marine, road and rail networks. We create prosperity by facilitating commerce and providing sustainable solutions that offer value to our port customers and benefit to our communities.
Vision – Create and lead and integrated port network on the Great Lakes.
- Respect and inclusivity
- Innovation and productivity
- A safe, empowered and positive team
- Collaboration to create long-term value
- Accountability for our decisions and our actions
- Continuous improvement and learning
Please forward resumes by Friday May 14, 2021 including salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org