Ports de Niagara
À PROPOS Niagara
Niagara Ports is a proposed network of three Multimodal Industrial Hubs located along the Welland Canal in Port Colborne, Thorold and Welland, Ontario.
Each of the three proposed Multimodal Hubs will offer development-ready industrial land; along with marine, rail, and highway connections. As a network, they offer industrial users a wide range of choices to meet development and transportation needs.
Niagara Ports is intended to help Niagara lead a sustainable industrial expansion in Ontario, while promoting increased use of marine transportation, and creating a welcoming and sustainable environment for industry.
This major regional industrial and multimodal network can grow trade in a more sustainable way, and contribute to Ontario’s quality of life by reducing congestion, supporting key industries and jobs.
Niagara Ports’ Goals
- Develop the Niagara trade corridor
- Grow Seaway cargo volumes
- Attract industry and investment to Niagara
- Improve modal balance to reduce traffic congestion on Ontario highways; reduce bottlenecks
- Reduce transportation costs for shippers of cargo
- Improve the carbon profile of Ontario’s goods movement transportation network
- Diversify and expand trade capacity for the Ontario economy