The Coordinator, Culture & Performance will work with our energetic team of 60 staff to enhance HOPA Ports’ entrepreneurial, innovative and collaborative corporate culture as we grow.
You will help ensure that HOPA’s mission, vision and values provide clarity and purpose for all members of our team. You will take a lead role in the design and implementation of our talent management initiatives, and serve as a contact and coach for our managers, facilitating learning and growth.
You will provide expertise and support in the areas of recruitment, performance management, employee relations, policy and procedure development. This position reports to the Director, Public Affairs.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the recruitment process including the development of job descriptions, postings, screening, interviewing, reference checks and onboarding.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to implement strategies for employee engagement and connection with our mission, vision and values.
- Oversee the performance appraisal process and assist managers with staff development.
- Work with managers to identify performance concerns and implement appropriate corrective action.
- Design, implement and evaluate an employee training program
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of the organization and support team collaboration
- Develop and implement strategies to increase diversity & inclusion within the organization
- Contribute to the development of HR policies, processes, and programs.
- Work with Communications team on external relationships with post-secondary institutions with respect to co-op and internship opportunities
- Work with Communications team on employee communications (staff news, presentations)
- Support corporate projects and events, and general administrative duties as required.
The background you bring:
- Post-secondary degree, with experience in organizational behavior, psychology, and/or coaching/training
- 3-7 years’ experience; exposure to human resources function
- Experience coaching and mentoring individuals and teams
- You have a positive attitude, strong work ethic and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- You are able to build strong relationships, interfacing and communicating effectively at all levels across the organization.
- You’re a versatile thinker, applying common sense, objectivity and creativity to find solutions.
- Discretion in the handling of sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to learn and use online talent management system (HOPA uses ADP). Advanced MS Office skills.
- Demonstrated client service orientation.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment; self-motivated and able to work effectively under pressure; ability to prioritize team efforts and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to speak and write in French is an asset.
- You’re naturally curious, and excited to learn about HOPA’s business and partners.
- You’re motivated by HOPA’s mission and vision
About HOPA Ports
Southern Ontario is Canada’s most dynamic economic region; but it is challenged by a growing population, traffic congestion and a changing climate. HOPA aims to help solve these contemporary challenges by modernizing the marine industry on the Great Lakes. Our growing, integrated network of multimodal hubs is helping to simplify supply chains and creating space for modern industry to thrive.
HOPA manages industrial waterfront properties and marine facilities in Hamilton, Oshawa and Niagara. With more than 1,000 acres and 140 tenant companies, 40,000 jobs in Ontario are connected to the cargo we carry.
We’re a team of multimodal infrastructure experts that is unique in Ontario. Together with our customers, industry partners and stakeholders, we’re making the most of Ontario’s transportation and industrial assets to build prosperous and resilient port cities.
HOPA offers a competitive compensation package, including annual bonus program; defined contribution pension plan and health benefits; education support; employee charitable donation matching and more.
- Office and some outdoor work required (site visits). Experience in a construction or industrial environment ideal
- HOPA supports flexible work arrangements. All administrative staff work in the office 3-4 days per week.
- All HOPA employees must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
- This job may require participation in weekend or evening events.
- Ability to travel occasionally within southern Ontario. Access to a personal vehicle.
- The target starting salary range for this position is $58,000-$64,000
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are responsible stewards of the port lands and their robust marine, road and rail networks. We create prosperity by facilitating commerce and providing sustainable solutions that offer value to our port customers and benefit to our communities.
Create and lead an integrated port network on the Great Lakes.
- Respect and inclusivity.
- Innovation and productivity.
- A safe, empowered and positive team.
- Collaboration to create long-term value.
- Accountability for our decisions and our actions.
- Continuous improvement and learning.
Everyone is welcome
As part of our commitment to inclusivity, diversity, equity and accessibility, our goal is a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities, those who identify as Black, Indigenous or persons of colour, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community and others. We are happy to honour accommodations at any part of the recruitment process and invite you to let us know how we can help.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.