The Hamilton-Oshawa Port Authority (HOPA Ports) is seeking a detail-oriented, organized and proactive individual to join our Commercial team.
WHO WE ARE
The Commercial team at HOPA Ports works with Canadian and international companies to facilitate trade across our growing port network on the Great Lakes. Our team identifies strategic growth initiatives and maximizes our assets through: leasing, investment, and partnering to develop trade and transportation-related infrastructure. HOPA’s Commercial team has attracted more than $400 million in investment in the past decade, and manages a portfolio of more than 150 diverse tenants and transportation partners.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Commercial Leasing Administrator will be responsible for the preparation and management of the Hamilton-Oshawa Port Authority lease agreements.
- In coordination with the Property Managers, assist in the preparation of commercial documents including lease agreements, renewals, amendments.
- Review, proof and edit lease proposals from Property Managers, ensuring all terms and conditions are accurate and aligned with policies and procedures.
- Act as a liaison between Commercial and Finance departments; ensure accurate billing of contracts, maintain internal databases and participate in biweekly meetings.
- Track and communicate critical lease dates to ensure timely execution of renewals and contract changes.
- Track documentation flow and ensure documents are fully executed within contract parameters.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with tenants, internal colleagues, consultants and suppliers.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Background in administration, real estate, accounting, legal assistant or paralegal an asset
- Certified Leasing Officer (CLO) designation an asset
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong understanding of legal documents and lease clauses
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced skills in MS Word, MS office, Outlook (previous experience with Salesforce CRM and/or property management software considered an asset)
- Commercial/industrial real estate and/or transportation industry experience considered an asset
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
Salary, Bonus & Benefits
Starting salary of $58,000-$62,000; commensurate with experience.
HOPA offers a competitive compensation package, including annual bonus program; defined contribution pension plan and health benefits; education support; employee charitable donation matching and more. HOPA offers a hybrid work model, subject to an onboarding period and requirements of the role.
Recognized as one of Hamilton-Niagara’s Top Employers for 2023, HOPA is a small but mighty team of approximately 60 staff. We are comprised of experts in disciplines ranging from Engineering to Finance, and virtually everything in between. Together we manage Ontario’s largest and most successful port network, and we strive to do our job in a way that protects the environment and enhances our community. Learn more about us: https://www.hopaports.ca/about-hopa/people-and-careers/
Everyone is welcome
As part of our commitment to inclusivity, diversity, equity and accessibility, our goal is a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities, those who identify as Black, Indigenous or persons of colour, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community and others. We are happy to honour accommodations at any part of the recruitment process and invite you to let us know how we can help.
Please note, HOPA requires all employees to be fully immunized from COVID-19.
To apply for this role, email [email protected] with your resume by August 31, 2023.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.